Welcome, UT students enrolled in RTF 319: Introduction to Digital Media (and anyone else who might have stumbled across this)! This blog will serve a number of functions over the course of the semester, including:
- A place to download the syllabus and other course information (study guides, assignment guidelines, etc.)
- A site to share supplementary links, articles and thoughts on our weekly course topics
- A space for you to continue discussions with your classmates, beyond the classroom
- A home for the blog assignments you’re complete throughout the semester
- An archive of our class projects
Ideally, I’d like for us to evolve this blog beyond the practical purposes listed above to create a space where we can have an ongoing conversation, not just about course content, but how you might take the ideas and critical theories we are engaging with outside the confines of the classroom. We will be circling around larger issues that deserve more nuanced analysis than we will likely have time for in class, and the blog is an ideal space to deepen those discussions.
First, though, you need to be added as an author to the blog, so go here to sign up for a username (not your real name, a pseudonym), and email your TA your username prior to the first lab session, so that they can send you an invitation to join the blog.